Hello, Columbia Grove Members!
Attached is all the material for this Sunday’s Annual Meeting. It will be at 10:30 am, between the worship services. We anticipate a short but encouraging meeting.
Please read through the attached material as much as you can. In an effort to keep things reasonably short, the meeting will not cover all the material in detail, but there will be members of the Church Staff, Financial Team and Leadership Team available to answer any questions you might have before member voting begins.
In the attached material you will see six Documents.
- Minutes from last year’s Annual Meeting. (Members present at last year’s meeting will be asked to approve them for our long-term records.)
- The Ministry Reports from our Church Staff, as well as the profiles of our incoming Leadership Team candidates.
- Ministry by the Numbers. A great overview. God has blessed us! (If you only open one document, please make it this one – it’s good!)
- A detailed Financial Summary from last year. (If you like the details, you’ll love this.)
- The proposed Budget for next year.
This is the first item that members will be asked to vote on the meeting. Please note that there is a “working budget” and a “full budget.” The working budget is based on current giving levels. The “full budget” is based on anticipated giving increases as growth continues. Your approval of the full budget allows the Leadership Team to grow the church budget up to the full budget amount, as God provides the means, without having to hold additional membership meetings for approval. The savings amount noted in the full budget will go towards debt reduction and new ministry development as outlined in our recent Building Fund Campaign.
6. The Ballot of Officers. This is the second item that members will be asked to vote on at the meeting.
Thank you so much for your prayers and input as we make plans for our next year of ministry!