We encourage everyone to vote their conscience. Part of being able vote well is being informed on the issues and candidates under consideration. You’ve probably heard quite a bit about the national election – but there’s also many important State and Local issues and candidates on the ballot. Many of the ballot issues are hard to understand and some of the candidates are not well known.
The purpose of the evening is for Christians to respectfully share information about candidates and discuss the various sides of ballot issues, so each person can be informed as possible.
The event will be hosted and held by Chuck and Betty Mosher with Andrew and Connie Toth, at 816 Briarwood Terrace in East Wenatchee.
6:00 – 8:00 PM
Sunday, October 28
Because the goal of this meeting is to respectfully share information so people can made more informed ballot decisions, we will have some “rules of engagement” in our time together.
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT:
- MODERATORS WILL BE USED TO MOVE THE DISCUSSION BETWEEN TOPICS, TO ENCOURAGE PARTICIPATION AND TO KEEP DISCUSSIONS RESPECTFUL.
- A VARIETY OF OPINIONS IS ENCOURAGED.
- PEOPLE WILL TAKE TURNS PRESENTING FACTS AND OPINIONS ABOUT BALLOT ISSUES.
- LABELLING IS DISCOURAGED. LABELLING IS USING DERISIVE WORDS AND COMMENTS ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE; SUCH AS, FREAKY LIBERAL, CONSERVATIVE FANATIC, OR RELIGIOUS NUT. SUCH COMMENTS ADD LITTLE TO FACTUAL AND RESPECTFUL DIALOGUE.
- PARTICIPANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO RESEARCH CANDIDATES AND BALLOT MEASURES AND REPORT KEY FACTS TO THE GROUP.
- THIS MEETING IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A DEBATE. SINCE MOST PARTICIPANTS WILL LIKELY HAVE A STRONG OPINION ABOUT KEY OFFICES, MOST OF THE TIME WILL BE SPENT EXCHANGING INFORMATION ON LESSER KNOWN CANDIDATES AND BALLOT MEASURES.