We Believe That:
Jesus Christ is the Son of God, our Savior and Lord. We accept the Old and New Testaments of the Bible as the Word of God, and the only perfect rule for faith, doctrine and conduct.
We are saved by grace alone through faith alone, not by good works or deeds.
We are “born anew to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead” (1 Peter 1:3).
Freedom in Christ delivers us from the power of sin and moves us by His grace into a whole new experience of obedience and life.
The Bible is the road map that provides the route and describes the means to encounter God and cultivate His fellowship.
The Holy Spirit is recognized as the one who makes us new and gives us the ability to live a life pleasing to our Father.
We are a fellowship of believers who share in the ministry of the Church, believing that it is not an institution or a building, but those who participate in the life and mission of Jesus Christ.
We are committed to the whole mission of the Church to go out and make disciples (Mt. 28:18-20) and to love God and our neighbors (Mt. 25:37-39).
We believe that the good news of Jesus Christ is equally available to all people, regardless of race, gender, or place in life.
We believe that God has equally gifted and equally called both men and women to serve Him, and we are part of a denomination that welcomes women into ordained ministry. A more detailed discussion on this belief can be found in the pamphlet Called and Gifted. We encourage everyone to read this helpful narrative.
We are part of the Evangelical Covenant Church, a thriving denomination of more than 800 church across the United States and Canada.
Our Ministry Mission:
We help people become more like Jesus through worship, connection and service.
We help people worship.
- We are serious about creative, Bible-centered ministry to every generation.
- We long to see generational and cultural gaps bridged through worship.
- We want grandparents, parents and grandchildren to enjoy each other’s faith, music and art.
- We teach the Bible with conviction, creativity and compassion.
- We develop worship artists.
- Because we believe that people were created to worship, we place a high priority on worship.
- Because we believe that people are lost apart from a relationship with God through Christ, we frequently invite people to establish or reestablish their relationship with God.
- Because we believe that worship changes the worshiper, we are mindful of the content and focus of our worship.
- Because we believe in building up the Body, we work hard to build bridges between the generations in worship.
We help people connect in ways that grow faith and friendships.
- We are a place where people can ask honest questions and have honest conversations.
- We are a place that is full of fun and fellowship as we grow in faith together.
- We want every person to have a few Christian friends that they could call at 2:00 in the morning and not need to apologize for it.
- Because we believe that we were created for community, we go out of our way to find it and nurture it.
- Because we believe that God is the author and foundation of all truth, we’re not afraid to ask honest, hard questions.
We help people serve.
- We believe God wants lost people found and hurting people helped.
- We help people discover their gifts and apply them to God’s glory and neighbor’s good.
- We are a place where people’s talents are given a chance to flourish and grow.
- We care about people more than programs.
- Because we believe that people are at their best when they apply their God-given gifts and talents in service, we unapologetically invite people to serve.